Toxic Flu Shots: The Dangers of Influenza Vaccination
(originally published Dec. 18, 2008 – Suit101.com)
Before stepping on too many toes, let’s stop a moment to clarify:
Yes, the flu virus is a serious issue. People do die from it. That’s not in question. The concern is the proposed cure – widespread vaccination using questionable vaccines with toxic chemical additives. This is dubious enough that even healthcare workers aren’t convinced.
As evidence, a joint study, conducted by UCLA and Harvard University in 2000, surveyed more than 1,600 health care professionals to determine how many of them got vaccinated annually. Overall, only 38 percent of the workers polled got a flu shot. The 3 reasons given for not receiving the shot were:
- They didn’t believe the vaccine would work.
- They felt their immune systems were strong enough without it.
- They were concerned about side effects.
A remarkable list of toxic chemicals is added to the flu vaccine mixture. Among these are the following:
- Ethylene glycol (antifreeze) – a preservative similar to formaldehyde.
- Phenol (carbolic acid) – a disinfectant and dye.
- Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen) – inactivates the flu virus within the vaccine.
- Aluminum (has ties to Alzheimer’s disease & seizures) – an additive used to promote antibody response.
- Thimerosal (containing Mercury) – an antiseptic, antifungal, and preservative.
- Neomycin, Streptomycin, Gentamicin – antibiotics that have caused allergic reactions in some people.
- Triton X-100 – a detergent.
- Polysorbate 80 – an emulsifier that may cause infertility and anaphylactic shock.
- Squalene – an adjuvant linked to Gulf War Syndrome.
THE WORST OFFENDER
The most notorious of all the extraneous ingredients included in flu shots is Thimerosal. Two-thirds of the vaccines made for the 2008–09 flu season contain a full dose – which is 49.6% mercury by weight.
Mercury is a neurotoxin, with a toxicity level 1,000 times that of lead, and each flu shot contains 25 micrograms of mercury. This amounts to a mercury content of 50,000 parts per billion – or about 250 times more than the Environmental Protection Agency’s safety limit!
Despite extensive evidence to the contrary, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the FDA insist that Thimerosal is safe. Such official caveats aside, pharmaceutical companies are slowly weaning the ingredient from injections given routinely to children.
This begs the question – if it’s perfectly safe, why remove it?
Much of the impetus for this change comes from the recent Hannah Poling court case that garnered substantial media attention. In this case, the government admitted that vaccinations given to an infant (some of which contained Thimerosal) lead to the onset of autism.
Unfortunately, the story of Hannah Poling and her family is not an isolated case, regardless of continued government denial and their insistence of extenuating medical circumstances. In fact, more than 5000 such families have filed claims with the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).
If you feel you must get a flu shot – despite overwhelming evidence that it really doesn’t work – requesting an injection from a single-dose vial should at least get you an injection free of Thimerosal.
Better advice would be to skip the flu shot altogether and instead focus on diet and improving your general health. Numerous studies show that a strengthened immune system is the best defense against contracting the flu. As part of a holistic approach, additional information is coming to the fore that vitamin D plays an important role in both disease prevention and health maintenance.